Friday, February 10, 2012

"Love is in the Air"

I found this antique looking Valentine fabric a few years ago and being an antique lover, I just couldn't say no to it.  Do you ever have that problem when browsing through a quilt shop?  Some fabrics just call out to me saying "take me home, take me home."  I designed this quilt using the card trick block for the outer edges.  My very talented long arm quilter used gold thread to quilt a lacy heart shape with a bow in each card of the block.  Check out the close-up picture.  I appliqued little hearts in the center with an embroidered message "Love is in the Air".  I think red is such a striking color when mixed in varying tones.   Happy Valentine's Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting, it really makes my day!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.