Friday, February 10, 2012

"Old Time Valentines" quilt pattern

This is another fun Valentine quilt I made several years ago.  With, you guessed it, another vintage looking fabric.  Don't you just love all those adorable old Valentines from days gone by?  I think they are just so sweet.  I fussy cut the fabric into squares and added 1930's reproduction fabrics in red and pink and then a pieced heart border.  How is that for quick and easy?   It's just a lap size so I throw it over the back of my couch to decorate the house or use while watching TV.


2 comments:

  1. that is so cute, simple squares for the middle and then awesome hearts on the border, it's great! were the hearts paper pieced? how big are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hearts were not paper pieced, just regular piecing in two sections. They are approx. 3 3/4" x 3 1/2" finished. Every year when I pull it out for the holiday I remember how fun it was to make.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting, it really makes my day!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.