Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pineapple Quilts and ruler

When I worked at a quilt shop several years ago, I was asked to make a Pineapple quilt for a shop display and class.  I made two versions using the book Positively Pineapple by Lynda Milligan and Nancy Smith. 

I used their Pineapple Rule to make sure the blocks were even and accurate which was extrememly helpful and fun.


The first quilt was from the pattern Mocha Latte.  I really liked the light, medium, and dark tones of this pattern.  Here is the picture from the book.



I made my quilt in my daughter's favorite color tones, turquoise blue. It has been tucked away in the closet to save for her someday wedding. I pulled it out the other day and finished up the binding. My sister Debbie in Marietta, Georgia quilted this for me on her HQ16.










The second quilt I made was from the pattern Jelly Beans.  I did this one using the same color scheme as the picture in the book, Lime green, Yellow, Hot Pink, and Orange.  It is such a bright, cheery quilt.  It has not yet been quilted as I've had too many other projects in front of this one.  I think I'll save it for one of my grandkids.


 
My entry into Just Something I Whipped Up sponsored by Appliances Online and the Bosch Washing Machines, .

15 comments:

  1. Wow! Absolutely wow! They are all three beautiful in their own way. I absolutely love the blues and turquoises. And the bright colors in the pink, yellow, orange and green top are fantastic. You do such beautiful work. Congrats on getting the blue and turquoise quilt finished! And thank you for linking up!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Pineapple Quilts and own several different,inspirational books on Pineapples. Most of the books are older, so no longer quite so inspirational, but your bright happy colors make me want to do another one! Thanks! Toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all AMAZING! My favorite is the blue one.
    Found you on Our Delightful Home - would love to have you stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful quilts! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great quilts! I really love the jelly beans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those pieces! I'm all admiration for your diligence with this pattern. And they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilts! I have that ruler but have never used it, might have to get that book, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilts. I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your pineapple quilts! Great job!

    Vicki @ Quilting Lodge

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow - awesome quilts! Thanks for linking up to Tuesday at the Table!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning quilts!!!! I have always wanted to make the pineapple patter; maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love pineapple quilts. I have not yet made one, But I think I am going to make one this year. I will have to look for that book and ruler. Thanks for the insights. Also your daughter has good choice in colors! My favorite too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting, it really makes my day!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.