Friday, March 2, 2012

"Pot of Jewels" quilt pattern

This is another of my strip pieced hexagon quilt designs.  I swapped strips of civil war fabric with friends so I would have a huge selection of different fabrics to make my varied hexagon combinations.  I find scrappy quilts to be incredibly interesting.  I guess it's my love of fabric.  To see so many all in one quilt is such a thrill for me. What an easy way to make a hexie quilt.  All parts are cut using an acrylic triangle template, then strip pieced together in rows. I had lots of fun making the flower pot applique border too.  The quilt turned out so colorful.  The hexagons reminded me of faceted jewels, thus the name "Pot of Jewels"  I think this is one of my favorite quilts.

6 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous! Love the faceted hexies and the applique border is just perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is just beautiful! I love scrap quilts too, and this one is definitely one that makes you stop and look. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! Lovely colors! Gorgeous applique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt, beautiful applique! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peggy, that is a gorgeous quilt! Thanks so much for linking up with us - whoop whoop!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting, it really makes my day!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.